Your voice matters and your story can make a difference!
As a parent, grandparent, aunt/uncle or other caregiver in a child’s life, you see the benefits of working in close partnership with your child’s early care and education provider firsthand. These positive relationships form the fabric of quality family engagement and the lack of strong relationships between caregivers and families can lead to serious child care breakdowns.
This November you are invited to join us in celebrating National Family Engagement Month and share your child care challenges, triumphs, and lessons learned. By sharing your experiences, you can help our communities and policymakers identify what works, prioritize the changes needed, and develop innovative strategies to advance a safe, affordable, and high quality early care and learning system that works for all families.
We encourage you to share your story below.
How Can You Participate in Family Engagement Month?
- Explore our Family Engagement resources and blog series for information on family engagement and tips for providers.
- Learn more about Family Engagement in Quality Rating and Improvement Systems (QRIS).
- Follow us on social media (@USAchildcare and @ChildCareWorks) to see reflections on family engagement from parents and providers just like you! We encourage you to share your own using #familyvoices
- Share your family engagement story, and be part our ongoing Family Voices series—designed to identify child care challenges and triumphs that can help our communities and policymakers identify the issues and develop innovative strategies.
Want to share but need inspiration?
Hot topics in child care currently include challenges and celebrations related to:
- Early childhood growth and development
- Family engagement
- Emergency preparedness; and