Congress does not view early childhood education as a top priority and therefore important programs that support children and families may not receive adequate funding in the FY 2018 budget.
Action must be taken to ensure our country’s most valuable and precious resource–children–are properly supported and receive high-quality care and instruction.
Remind Congress that the needs of children are of vital importance as they continue to work on the FY 2018 Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education Appropriations Bill. Child Care Aware® of America has created an Advocacy Toolkit with resources to aid advocates in raising their voice in support of vital early childhood education and child care programs.
Advocacy resources for August Recess 2017:
- One-Pager on Top Issues (PDF)
- Sample Letter to Your Member of Congress (.docx)
- Sample Letter to the Editor (.docx)
- Sample Scheduling Request for Your Member of Congress (.docx)
- Talking Points to Aid Possible Meetings with Your Congressional Delegation (.docx)