New Briefs Covering Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) Health and Safety Topics
The new health and safety requirements are complicated, and figuring out the implications for individual child care programs can be tough.
The National Center on Early Childhood Quality Assurance just made it easier. The Center recently published a series of nine briefs about CCDBG health and safety topics including:
- Prevention and control of infectious diseases
- Administering medications
- Prevention of and response to emergencies due to food and allergic reactions
- Reducing the risk of sudden infant death syndrome and using safe sleeping practices
- Building and physical premises safety
- Emergency preparedness and response planning
- Handling, storing, and disposing of hazardous materials and biological contaminants
- Transportation of children
- Health and safety training
Each brief includes excerpts from the CCDF program requirements and from Caring for Our Children Basics (recommended minimum health and safety standards for early care settings). It also provides links to language in Caring for Our Children, 3rd edition, the health and safety best practices volume, and a list of additional resources.
The briefs contain very helpful and straightforward information and can be found here.