*See coverage of our 30th Anniversary Kick-Off and 2017 Day on the Hill Rally via our Facebook page.*
Child Care Aware® of America 30th Anniversary
Symposium and Annual Meeting
Marriott Marquis Washington, DC
April 17-20, 2018
The Child Care Aware® of America Policy Summit is an event addressing policy, practice, and the future of the early childhood field. The Policy Summit engages professionals in the field and our Child Care Works grassroots advocates and provides information on policy that informs, educates, and assists attendees in building their policy strategies.
Sessions cover action items around discussing public policy as well as legislation and regulations with policymakers across the local, state, and federal levels. Finally, the Policy Summit includes our annual Day on the Hill event, which gives child care advocates an opportunity to put the skills they have learned into action, meet with their Congressional representatives, and position child care initiatives at the forefront of the political conversation.
Paul Schmitz, CEO of Leading Inside Out, was the opening plenary speaker and shared his insight and expertise on how EVERYONE in their community is a leader in their own way, and how these leaders have a huge impact on social change. He is the author of Everyone Leads: Building Leadership from the Community Up and has been named three separate times to The Nonprofit Times list of the 50 most influential nonprofit leaders in America. Find out more about Paul.
Session highlights included:
- A changing landscape for resource and referral,
- The future of child care in America,
- Effectively managing business/program operations,
- A closer look at our recent Child Care Deserts report, and
- Topical sessions on emergency preparedness and health as they relate to child care.
Special Note to Parents
This year CCAoA and Child Care Works sponsored more than 45 family advocates to join the Policy Summit as part of the Family Advocacy Summit. The sponsorship included registration, travel, room, and board. Visit ChildCareWork.org/AdvocacySummit to learn about the program and selected family advocates.
Click the video above to view last year’s “Day on the Hill” event
April 23 – 25, 2017
Note: All registrations must be purchased by 12 a.m. ET within the period during which the applicable rate applies.
Registration is closed as the event has passed
Just minutes from the Capitol, this hotel will host the 2017 Child Care Aware® of America Policy Summit.
Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill
525 New Jersey Avenue, NW
Washington DC, 20001
Who Should Attend
- Child care resource and referral agencies
- Government and state network agencies
- Child care and education community advocates
- Child care and education consultants
- Industry suppliers of products and services
- Child care research professionals
- Child care education and academic professionals
- Child care providers
- Family members (e.g., parents and grandparents)
- State and national coalition partners
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Family Advocate Scholarship Donor
Change Maker Sponsors